Issue on Build a Technical Documentation

I am on project 4 Build a Technical Documentation. I am pending with userstory 14. This userstory is all green, when my screen is full size, but when I decrease the screen size this userstory doesn’t work.
Here is screenshot of error:-

The situation is similar in the sample page given. Here is link to sample page provided for project 4 Build a Technical Documentation.

https://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/full/NdrKKL

Can anybody help me understand why this is happening?

Hey there,

can you explain more about your problem?

The error says [...], the element with id="navbar" should be shown on the left half of the screen.

When you decrease the width of the viewport, the navbar goes to the top, so it is not on the left half anymore.

Hi @agrawalparul2!

FCC instructions:
User Story #14: On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id="navbar" should be shown on the left side of the screen and should always be visible to the user.

As long as your test is passing for laptops and desktops than that is fine. If you read the error message it says to run the test for regular size devices for it to pass.

1 Like

what’s up,
I think you already repaired it.
any problem, here it will be solved in community.

If you go to Build on technical documentation and open the sample page. Now decrease the size of screen and run test for sample page. It throws up error for userstory 14.
That’s what I was pointing out. I was facing the same issue on my project.

But the user story states clearly that test only “On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops)”. So its good.

It will pass the test, but as a learning exercise it is still worthwhile trying to get it working on a smaller screen. It took me a while to get this one right but I got there in the end.