Hello fellow coders!
TL;DR: A Costa Rican construction company wants to upgrade/modernise their website to include a bunch of features like live chat, automated responses and more interactivity, including an application that can take client requests and produce standardised quotations. This is almost certainly over my current level of expertise, but I’d like to know by how much, and if through using Wordpress and its ecosystem of tools/widgets I can reduce the coding expertise requirements to a level I can manage (for reference, I’m on the JS section of the course)
Taking the above into account, I have a few questions
- What Wordpress-plugins/tools/languages would you recommend to implement something like this
- What considerations would you recommend I take into account
- Are there any articles/posts on admin/doc control for one off jobs like this or contract based developers?
- I’ve little idea how to price something like this, other than on an hourly basis excluding all project/client expenses. Any and all advice on this appreciated
- How much time should I allow for a project of this scale? The client isn’t particularly pressed for time, so this is flexible.
This is all assuming the following:
- Graphic design work (images, logos) will be done by graphic designers
- Content provided by the company
- I will be needing to deal with documentation and maintenance
Any and all advice appreciated
Thanks in advance