JS course problem - We cannot reach the server to update your progress

Hi! I’m seeing this message since yesterday when started the JavaScript part of the curriculum. There was no message like this when I was finishing the Responsive Design part. My progress on JS is not updated. I don’t know if I should continue anyway or wait until it is fixed. Will it affect receiving the certificate if I just go through the challenges without progress update and then just do the projects? Please let me know.

the projects are the only part you need to do to receive the certification

anyway, 16h ago there was the release of first update to go toward curriculum 7.0
try clearing the cache of your browser, and reloading the page, and see if it keeps happening

1 Like

So after removing the cache the progress that was made up to that moment has registered, but then the message is shown again. I just want the technical squad to know about this.

Same issue here. I am currently working on the Quality Assurance Projects. I finished the Personal Library Project on Thursday and now the progress is lost. I tried to re-submit the solution and got the message. Clearing the cache didn’t fix the issue.

@a.j.barsukov @luping8576

could you try to log in with a different browser? what happens then?

@ieahleen I tried Chrome and Safari. On both browsers, after submit I was redirect to the next challenge and the message showed up.

If you are unable to log in or keep getting “we cannot reach the server…” error it may be that you have a duplicated account. To solve this issue you will need to write to support@freecodecamp.org.

You can read more about the issue here

I fixed the problem. I have to submit my project link in the legacy certificates section on my account setting page.