Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi kind code folks - there is something astray with the a element, linking it to the terms and conditions. Any help would be great. Thanks

Your code so far

<!-- file: index.html -->
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html lang="en">
  <head>
    <meta charset="UTF-8">
    <title>Registration Form</title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="styles.css" />
  </head>
  <body>
    <h1>Registration Form</h1>
    <p>Please fill out this form with the required information</p>
    <form method="post" action='https://register-demo.freecodecamp.org'>
      <fieldset>
        <label for="first-name">Enter Your First Name: <input id="first-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="last-name">Enter Your Last Name: <input id="last-name" type="text" required /></label>
        <label for="email">Enter Your Email: <input id="email" type="email" required /></label>
        <label for="new-password">Create a New Password: <input id="new-password" type="password" pattern="[a-z0-5]{8,}" required /></label>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Business Account</label>
        <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/"><label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required /> I accept the terms and conditions</label> </a>
      </fieldset>

<!-- User Editable Region -->

<fieldset></fieldset>
      <input type="submit" value="Submit" />
    </form>
  </body>
</html>
/* file: styles.css */
body {
  width: 100%;
  height: 100vh;
  margin: 0;
  background-color: #1b1b32;
  color: #f5f6f7;
}

label {
  display: block;
  margin: 0.5rem 0;
}

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Learn HTML Forms by Building a Registration Form - Step 30

Link to the challenge:

The anchor element should contain only terms and conditions as its text.
Currently, the whole label element is inside the anchor element.

Thanks, although I believe I am going from bad to worse. I placed the anchor element at the beginning of the terms and conditions label with - terms and conditions as its text

Personal Account Business Account <a terms and conditions I accept the terms and conditions

Can you share what the current code looks like. You can place code using the format button that looks like </>. Paste all your code between the two lines it gives you.

This text will be blurred

<fieldset>
        <label for="personal-account"><input id="personal-account" type="radio" name="account-type" /> Personal Account</label>
        <label for="business-account"><input id="business-account" type="radio" name="account-type"  /> Business Account</label>
       <a terms and conditions</a> <label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/" /> I accept the terms and conditions</label>
      </fieldset>

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Your attempting to add a link before the label, but thats not where it should go or how a anchor tag should be set up.

So you have this line, right?

<label for="terms-and-conditions"><input id="terms-and-conditions" type="checkbox" required href="https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/terms-of-service/" /> I accept the terms and conditions</label>

Do you see where the text “I accept the terms and conditions” is? Your link needs to go around the terms and condition text here.

Then for your reference you can see how a anchor element (or link) needs to be set up

I recommend resetting the lesson because you have several things that are out of place, and it would be easier to reset to get them back where they need to be

Awesome… Thankyou… It is fixed thanks vey much

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.