Looking For A Code Editor

Hello, I’m new to coding and I’m looking to find a code editor that I could practice building projects on. I’m talking something I could practice HTML, CSS, and eventually JavaScript. I seen something on the internet that said Sublime Text is good to start out with. Is this true? I would be using a MacBook.

Visual Studio Code is what I’d recommends for beginners. it’s fairly easy to set up and very powerful.

1 Like

Okay, thank you! I appreciate the help!

1 Like

There are a lot of videos about setting up mac.

I ultimately recommend visual studio code as its a very beginning friendly code editor and you can install very good crazy extensions that makes your job easier for example, prettier to auto format code nicely, live server to create a local live server for your local projects and Live Share to collabrate on same code lively at same time with others.

Also , Do not need to say,however, it is industry leader.

Thank you! I’m going to check them out.

Thanks! I have VSC, it’s just a little confusing for me at the moment. I haven’t been able to link CSS to my HTML file.

To link a css file to the html you can use the <link> element.

Example:

<link rel="stylesheet" href="filename.css"> 

Thank you! I’m going to try it.

Here is a screenshot of me trying to change the paragraph font color in VSC but it’s not changing anything for.

Did you save your files?

I was not saving my files and once I did it made the changes, but once it made the change once it stopped. It will not add the style I want on the “h2” element. It will not even change the color on the first two. For instance, if I change the red to black it will stay red.

You need to keep saving your files every time you want to see the realtime update

It has auto-save function though! File->Auto Save :slight_smile:

Thank you! That was the issue! Problem solved!

I did this immediately when I saw this message! Thank you!

Can you mark my reply as the answer pls? Thanks

Done! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.