I wish to have a career in webdesign (its what i actually like doing and been doing as a hobby since i was 13, i have decent skills but am in no way an expert ), but:
- i’m 30 years old and have never had a coding job.
- i do not have a bachelor’s degree in coding.
What i do have:
- a high school degree in programming ( turbo pascal ).
- a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- a bachelor’s degree in economics.
- a master’s degree in industrial production engineering.
- 6 years of problem solving work experience as a supervisor and design engineer (mechanical field).
My options are:
- i can go ahead and get another masters degree but this time in a relevant coding field (but not actual webdesign).
to get a formal education. (2 years instead of 4 years for a bachelor).
- i can start building an updated portfolio and try to get a junior position that way (or at least an internship position).
- webdesign courses in my area are not recognized world wide so a certification from them would not really take me far, in my opinion.
I really do believe that this is the last time i can “rebrand” myself and i am kind of late to the party.
I need to be efficient with my time that is why any advice is welcome.
Thank you for reading my long winded post.