Main element should have 2 paragraph elements as children

the main element should have 2 paragraph elements as children… what am i doing wrong?

You have posted no code so we can’t say what you are doing wrong.

You need to have two paragraph elements inside the main element.

<main>
  <p>Give me the correct lorem text</p>
  <p>Give me the correct lorem text</p>
</main>

Thanks. I thought the lesson wanted me to wrap the 2nd p in main.

to help you understand the distinction between a child and a descendant element (and conversely a parent and ascendant element):

<div id=a> /* a is the parent of b and d and the ascendant of b, c and d but not the parent of c */
    <div id=b> /* b is the child of a and the descendant of a and the parent of c */
        <div id=c></div> /* c is the child of b and the descendant of a and b, but is not the child of a */
    </div> 
    <div id=d></div> /* d is the child and descendant of a and the sibling of b */
</div>

thus, a child element exists only when it is the direct descendant of an element. the child of a child is the descendant of its parents’ parent and siblings are elements who share the same parent.

Well I am struggling with the same thing. Try taking out the / on the closing p element. The video shows that part is gone and only the remains. Look at the video again. I have no idea what I am doing wrong but will stick with it. See you over the coding mountain!

If you need help you can post your code!
But the tags are <p></p> if you remove the / from the closing tag it will not work anymore

the main element should have 2 paragraph elements as children see below

<p>Purr jump eat the grass rip the couch scratched sunbathe, shed everywhere rip the couch sleep in the sink fluffy fur catnip scratched.</p>