Make-Typography-Responsive Need Help

Tell us what’s happening:

It’s telling me to set the width of the h2 tag to 80% of the viewport’s width and the width of the paragraph as 75% of the viewport’s smaller dimension. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

Your code so far

<style>
  h2 {
     vw: 80vw
 }
 p {
     vmin: 75vmin
 }
</style>

<h2>Importantus Ipsum</h2>
<p>Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Vivamus quis tempus massa. Aenean erat nisl, gravida vel vestibulum cursus, interdum sit amet lectus. Sed sit amet quam nibh. Suspendisse quis tincidunt nulla. In hac habitasse platea dictumst. Ut sit amet pretium nisl. Vivamus vel mi sem. Aenean sit amet consectetur sem. Suspendisse pretium, purus et gravida consequat, nunc ligula ultricies diam, at aliquet velit libero a dui.</p>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/66.0.3359.181 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/responsive-web-design-principles/make-typography-responsive

2 Likes

vw and vh are units not properties. You have to set the width of the elements in vw and vmin like this:

<style>
  h2 {
     width: 80vw
 }
 p {
     width: 75vmin
 }
</style>
4 Likes

ok thank you for all your help!

3 Likes

Thanks for the help, they should explain that in the lesson.

FYI, the lecture content for this lesson is rather misleading. I ended up on this post because I was doing the same thing in my code that OP did originally.

The way the examples are given in the lesson gives the impression that “vw” “vh” etc are properties.

Anyway, even though I was able to move on in the lessons after finding this post, ideally this lesson could be updated with examples such as shown in Ujjwal1604’s reply to prevent further confusion.

Just an FYI, especially for new users.
The code provided above is missing an element.
Here is the corrected code that I missed several times before remembering those tricky semicolon’s.

h2 { width: 80vw; } p { width: 75vmin; }

I echo everyone else here - the guide is tricky bc it would seem you need to type vw or vmin as a property. Don’t feel bad for thinking that - you aren’t alone! :slight_smile: