Manage Packages with NPM: outdated

Yep, I’m stuck. Trying to do the OUTDATED part of the tutorial and I can’t seem to name the correct PKG to move on. I have been guessing my way through this whole tutorial so, I’m sure it’s something simple. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug

spazcool:~/workspace (master) $ how-to-npm verify @spazcool/chat-example@1.1.5
Nope, it's not @spazcool/chat-example@1.1.5.  Try again!
#########################################
###   YOUR SOLUTION IS NOT CORRECT!   ###
#########################################

I was doing these how-to-... and learnyou... challenges about three months ago and I remember that I couldn’t pass OUTDATED either. I just skipped it :slight_smile:

Looking back now I think it would have been better to skip all those back end “tutorials” altogether and dedicate my time to learning from other resources (search forum, there have been many topics).

As to answer your question, I took a look at source code and:

[Spoiler]
@linclark/pkg

That’s absolutely right! The @linclark/pkg package has had an update while we
weren’t looking.

In the next lesson, we’ll learn how to update packages that are outdated.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@ YOUR SOLUTION IS CORRECT! @@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[/Spoiler]

3 Likes

:grin:

That’ll do me just fine. Thanks for the heads up. I think I got stuck there because I hadn’t saved it while installing that package.

which sources would you reccomend for back-end learning part fromyour experience? i just started these tutorials and going thru forum doesnt seem like fruitful way to find way better ways to learn

I personally took this Udemy course: https://www.udemy.com/the-complete-nodejs-developer-course-2/ (I paid like 10 or 15 EUR for it, you can search for coupons online). I can only recommend it.

Also book “Express in Action” by Evan M. Hahn. (google it :wink: ).

I went through a lot of different resources, but these two are the ones I remember had the most impact.

1 Like

great, thanks a lot!! it’ll definitely speed and strenghten up my and (others’) learning for sure! i send you some brownies:)

I am finding these back end lessons to be horribly executed.

0 context is given.

Same here. And, it appears that someone recognizes this with the ‘coming soon’ material listed above the challenges.