Meta element error but it's correct

Tell us what’s happening:
Taking the new “Responsive Web Design” and on lesson “Learn CSS Colors by building a Set of Colored Markers” on step 4 it tells me:

"To tell browsers how to encode characters on your page, set the charset to utf-8. utf-8 is a universal character set that includes almost every character from all human languages.

Inside the head element, nest a meta element with the attribute charset set to utf-8. Remember that meta elements are self-closing, and do not need a closing tag."

When I proceed I get these two messages:

“Test: Sorry, your code does not pass. Hang in there.”
“Hint: You should have one meta element.”

but my meta element is in there though.

**Your code so far**
<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
<head>
  <meta charset="utf-8" />
  <title>Colored Markers</title>
</head>
<body>
</body>
</html>
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0

Challenge: Step 4

Link to the challenge:

hey, congrats on getting this far on the course, keep it up

some self closing tags are written as < link _____ / >, but other’s are written like this < img ____ >. Notice that one has the dash at the end, the other doesn’t

HI @ecerejo !

Welcome to the forum!

The code you have shared works on my end. Please ensure that you have disabled any extensions that interface with the freeCodeCamp website (such as Dark Mode and Ad Blocker), and set your browser zoom level to 100%. Both of these factors can cause tests to fail erroneously.

Or try another browser

1 Like