MongoDB and Mongoose difficulties

So I am doing the course MongoDB and Mongoose and I’m having difficulties with the installation, I have used the console and it is showing MongoDB and Mongoose in the dependencies package, and once I submit my link freeCodeCamp’s verification is saying

“mongodb should be in the dependencies package”
“mongoose should be in the dependencies package”
“mongoose should be connected to a server”

{ "name": "fcc-mongo-mongoose-challenges", "version": "0.0.1", "description": "A boilerplate project", "main": "server.js", "scripts": { "start": "node server.js" }, "dependencies": { "body-parser": "^1.15.2", "dotenv": "^8.2.0", "express": "^4.12.4", "mangodb": "^1.0.0", "mongoose": "^6.0.7" }, "repository": { "type": "git", "url": "https://github.com/freeCodeCamp/boilerplate-mongomongoose.git" }, "keywords": [ "node", "mongoose", "express" ], "license": "MIT" }

sample.env:

MONGO_URI='mongodb+srv://myuserishere:mypasswordishere@fcc.pluxj.mongodb.net/FCC?retryWrites=true&w=majority'

Install and Set Up Mongoose

1. This is not the correct package name mangodb

2. Your mongoose package version is not the one that was asked for.

Add mongodb@~3.6.0 and mongoose@~5.4.0 to the project’s package.json .

If you need more help a link to your Replit would be nice to have as well.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

Remove the @ in front of the package versions inside your package.json.

I know the instructions are a little vague on this.

Thank you very much man!!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.