My data is gone?

Hey! I started using FreeCodeCamp yesterday and i did 50 + exercises.
Somehow all of those exercises we’re gone and now i’m back to 2.:frowning:
Any way to bring my points back?
I really want the certificate and it’s really unmotivating.

you can use the map (above ) to check where you left and go on from there.

There are two different types of progress being saved going on at Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

Your completed challenges are all saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges and also the last submitted solutions by looking at your profile page.

If your profile does not include your completed challenges, here is my troubleshooting advice:

1. Double check that you used the same method to sign in. Try logging out and back in again with the original method.
  2. Double check that you aren’t on the beta site now and that you didn’t create your original account on the beta site by accident. (Yes, this does happen.)
  3. Contact team@freecodecamp.com . The most likely scenario is that your account got duplicated when you signed in and you are being logged into the new one. When that happens, someone on the team can merge your accounts. Please be patient when emailing the team. Remember that there are thousands of campers, a small team, and this is all volunteer-driven.

Your progress tracking (map) is saved in your browser’s local storage. In-progress code is also saved in your local browser cache. If you are changing browsers or clearing your cache regularly you’ll have to use freecodecamp.com/map to navigate to your next challenge. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache. This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

2 Likes

i think i have explained myself badly.
If for example i had [53] points at the top right bar it’s been reser to 0.
All of the tasks i completed? i need to do them again now. because they’re not gray in the “Map” anymore they’re back to be white and they say i didn’t completed them.
This really sucks.
I logged in and out tons of times. and I’m not on the beta site.
I emailed the team and i hope they’ll help :slight_smile:

I just love this bot :smiley:

1 Like

Heck, i didn’t notice it’s a bot haha

3 Likes

did you select the submit and go option when prompted ? I had some unfinished excersises due to this reason. i assumed it was a bug(later got it right) .

That would be the first section of my post above, then.

Negative. I am a meat popsickle.

Yeah i did submit and go…