My first project Tirbute Page is completed

Hi campers,

I have now completed my first project and I would like to hear your opinion to make it better. CodePen Home FCC-MKA Tribute Page

Best wishes,
Ozan

3 Likes

hi @digituar
You have done a really good job. Keep it up :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Hi @Freak_A_tick,
thanks a lot. I do my best.

1 Like

Hey Ozan!

Imposing figure! I really like the subject matter.

Something strange seems to be happening with your responsive elements. I’m new to web design and going through the projects right now as well, so I can’t explain it to you nicely yet, but I think it may have something to do with your “right div” and “left div” containers running into each other.

Just a guess on my part, but did you design the page in that way (with right div/left div containers) because the test script was giving errors for responsive images?

I think a possible solution could be to use a grid layout and make that image on the left move somewhere else when the viewport’s width gets thinner? So the two containers would no longer be “mashing together” and breaking.

Maybe someone else who knows more than me can comment.

1 Like

Hi @mr570,
thank you for your attention.
It´s really that I actually wanted to have a left and right div.
The layout should therefore consist of two columns and it was not easy to get it that way.
It sounds crazy but I’m not the best in terms of layout either.
Which test script do you mean exactly? Did I overlook this? I haven’t been around very long either.
I am grateful to everyone who makes me aware of such mistakes. This is the only way to learn.
Thank you very much

^^ It looks like that. You can find it at the bottom of the Build a Tribute Page project page (and every other project page for that matter) after all of the user stories. I just put it in before my main element at the beginning of the HTML editor in CodePen.

1 Like

Looks great! Had some difficulty reading the link at the bottom.

1 Like

@digituar, your page looks good. This is what mr570 is talking about.

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>).
    • Your page passes 8/10 user stories.
    • The test script should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
2 Likes

Hi @mr570,
great, thank you very much. I accidentally deleted this script block. It works now.
I also followed your advice and tried to do it entirely with grid layout. The problem is the left area. I want the image on the page to always be shown. Unfortunately that didn’t work with grid layout or I didn’t implement it correctly.

1 Like

that’s true @emilymeredith . I changed it. Thanks a lot

thanks @Roma, I understood it and implemented everything so, thank you very much. I hope everything is fine now