My tribute page, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Just finished my Tribute page, could you all take a look and let me know what you think or what I could improve? Thank you!!

Not bad for a beginner. I would recomend you to play around a bit more. Use some google font styles and diffrend collors. Just have fun.

Thanks for the feedback! :slight_smile:

Welcome to the forums @Eli93. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• it’s nice you’re trying to use semantic elements. Maybe do a search and get a little more informed on their use. For instance, according to W3C’s HTML documentation: “A section is a thematic grouping of content, typically with a heading.” Here’s a good place to start; https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_semantic_elements.asp
  • The paragraph about him has a stray closing section element. Id est, there is no opening one.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
    • “Wiki” would not be an accessible link

I made a few changes, used an article element instead of section since it doesn’t have a header and made more descriptive link text. Thanks for the help!

Reread about sections, etc. You would want the heading inside the section, not outside of it. And articles usually have a heading too.

As an aside since I didn’t mention it last time. Codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

So would a div element be more suitable for my paragraph or should I add a header? I will be making some changes to my code later on. I want to be good at this so I really appreciate the help.

IMHO, a div element would be fine. It’s a small page.