Need some changes or updates in FreeCodeCamp

I wish if freeCodeCamp had a video system for all the challenges like they have in the python course. It is very difficult to read away the whole lessons and understand it by only reading. And another thing if there were a mobile-friendly app for freeCodeCamp… So that people could code in anywhere…

I don’t know if you have noticed, but the python course has just been released, freeCodeCamp is going toward curriculum 7.0

Personally I don’t think that all lessons will ever be with a video, as reading and understanding is an important skill for developers having to deal with huge documentations, but for example most of the first part has a video under “Get Help → Watch video”

you can also check the internet for walkthroughs, there may be various around for the whole curriculum

anyway you can post bug reports and feature requests on the github repository as issues

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

1 Like

Learning to read written code descriptions and documentation is a skill that you will need to develop to code professionally, for what its worth.

1 Like

Just like @JeremyLT said, it’s worth for what you’re trying to learn. FCC is trying to teach you code while also teaching how to find resources. If you try finding resources about programming, you’re going to see 85% of it being in texts. So, by teaching our students lessons using reading, improves their reading ability and understanding on coding. Here’s an example of very useful information that requires you to read:

Another example is coding forums like FCC Forums and Stack Overflow which is where you’re probably going to find good explanations at. It is nice having visuals to learn, but reading is an essential skill on coding.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s curriculum 7?

The first link is the last update, and below the previous updates on it