Nesting Input into Form I'm Stuck

I cannot for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong it all looks fine to me. I’m very very new at this. It keeps saying “The existing input element should be nested within a form element. Your form element should have well-formed open and close tags.” and sometimes it tells me it should have the whole website address as an attribute please help

Screenshot 2021-12-04 23.03.23

Screenshot 2021-12-04 23.11.23

This is the other one I’ve been getting depending on how I enter in the code
Screenshot 2021-12-04 23.11.23

hello sir, I think you forgot to close element.
you are misssing > right after action attribute of form.

it should look like

<form action=" " >
    <input type="" placeholder="">
</form>

That’s what happens, but then too if that is closing out the form like that keeps the input from being nested inside it wouldn’t it?

Screenshot 2021-12-05 03.37.05

in your input field remove ;

Thank you for your help, I cannot for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong I’ve tried it so many different ways.

Screenshot 2021-12-05 03.43.34

I’m female by the way lol, I know hard to tell online.

not a problem maa’m.

Tried this is well, still nothing. I just cannot get past this one for some reason
Screenshot 2021-12-06 09.47.49

I finally got it, it was supposed to be <form action="https://freecatphotoapp.com/submit-cat-photo"><input type="text" placeholder="cat photo URL"></form>

Hi @braefair !

Welcome to the forum!

I am glad you were able to figure it out.

In the future, it is best if you use the Ask for help button in the challenges which produces your code and link to the challenge.

That will make it easier for people to assist you especially when the challenges become harder.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.