New career at 45yo?

until and unless Steve Jobs is not sitting beside you and asking you for picture perfect design, don’t worry too much about pixel perfect design. :ghost:

End of day companies want you to keep pushing new features each week / every alternate weeks. For any bugs in production there is always hot fix :wink:

Wow. I tried one challenge of the front end mentor website, and realized that i need realy to practice more Css.

My certification was already in may, and without practice, the concepts do not stay in our head!

1 Like

HTML is Hard, CSS is Harder and JS is the Hardest till you practice them daily while building projects.

I completely wasted whole of 2021 looking at YT videos building projects and typing along.

Until unless you use your own brain muscles, you won’t be able to learn anything.

2 Likes

Yeah! That’s true.

In JS, I am finding it very difficult, as in the FCC Curriculum is the whole theory, and only at the end we have the projects!

These last week, remembering HTML and CSS, is beeing very profitable.

So, I will continue the journey of having strong foundations of HTML and CSS, before going into JS.

I will set a goal here. In 1 year be able to start applying to frontend developer jobs.

Frontend Mentor website is great to put in practice our knowledge. Already made 2 newbie projects.

Tks vikramvi for your advices

2 Likes

Set quarterly goal/s and yearly as in later case it mostly fails.

Check out this book summary THE 12 WEEK YEAR by B. Moran and M. Lennington | Animated Core Message - YouTube, this works great for me both in personal and professional life.

Few months back, I read one more book ( can’t recollect name atm ) which suggested to break down 24 hours into 3 sessions of 8 hours each. Think you get 3 days to same amount of tasks.

Allocated 8 hours for rest and remaining 2 * 8 hours for professional and personal things, this will help you to become more productive and find out time wasting moments in the days

Yeah, That’s correct about produtivity, but I think it is important to set medium/long term targets.

For example. In Personal life: In 5 yeas I want to buy a house with garden. For this, I will have to save X€/month, to be able to buy it. And then, we may set what we have to do, to save that money, and of course, the productivity of each day will be very important.

Tks again for the advices. I will watch the video.

Made 3 projectos of the Frontend Mentor Challanges:

Product Preview Card

QR code Component

NFT preview card

In this last one, I tried to use BEM Methodolgy. I am I doing it correctly?

2 Likes

Yo, not gonna lie. That’s pretty legit stuff Jonef. Well done :facepunch:

All looked perfect on my mobile and laptop. And very artistic.

The artistic part is not mine. Fronted Mentor gives the design style.

My part is the HTML and CSS

1 Like

Great start, you can join FM slack channel and ask community there as well for feedback.

2 Likes

One more Done

Order Summary

1 Like

Hello,
First of all, props to you for making the switch! I’m a newbie as well, and I have to say I’m learning things just from this thread alone, so thank you and happy to collaborate/connect!

Ahmed

1 Like

I love this thread. It’s giving good vibes :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Jonef found the book name which I mentioned earlier " The Power of One More: The Ultimate Guide to Happiness and Success"

Happy reading and building projects till you get your dream job :slight_smile:

1 Like

tks for the book advice.

Will th JS certification module have an update, like the web design certification had?

They are working on one. No timeline as to when it could be ready.

1 Like

Here is my first JS

multiplication table

It is written in Portuguese, but it works.

It has also a digit checker. If no number is written, it gives an alert.

It is a simple one, but is the first! :muscle:

2 Likes

Another JS exercise, to try to retain the information I am gettim with the JS certifiation Curriculum and form other sources also.

It is a number analyzer.

Number analyzer

I was struggling with the array elements, transforming and sorting them.

But with the help i got in this thread, I got it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.