Not sure how to word this into a question

I THINK this requires javascript, but not sure. I’ve been trying to google this question for so long and just now figured I’d ask here.

I want to be able to create new “entries” on my website that will automatically be loaded on to a “feed.” Essentially I want to write articles, that I upload on to my website, which will automatically be pulled into the “blog” page of my website. I created a website from scratch, so am not looking to integrate WP or anything like that. Just want to learn how I might be able to do this, but don’t know how to word the question (or what this is called) so that I find the answer. Help?? If you have any idea what I’m asking.

Firstly, welcome to the forums.

While we are primarily here to help people with their Free Code Camp progress, we are open to people on other paths, too. Some of what you are asking is pretty trivial in the Free Code Camp context, so you might find that if you’re not getting the instruction and material you need in your current studies, the FCC curriculum will really help you get started. At a modest guess I’d say investing a 4-5 hours working through the curriculum here will really pay off. You can find the curriculum at https://learn.freecodecamp.org.

With your current questions, we don’t have enough context to know what you already know or don’t know, so it is impossible to guide you.

It is pretty typical on here for people to share a codepen / jsfiddle example of what they have tried so that anyone helping has more of an idea of what help is actually helpful.

Please provide some example of what you’ve tried and I’m sure you’ll get more help.

Happy coding :slight_smile:

You’ll need to explain what you mean by “created a website”, because, yes, you can do this, but you need to store the data somewhere if you want it available, you can’t just do this with JS only on an HTML website because it can’t persist.

Thank you Ariel!

I completed the first part of the curriculum - the Responsive Web Design Certification (300 hours). Starting the javascript portion. I guess don’t know what I don’t know yet… but basically just have the basics down of designing a web page.

I definitely haven’t tried coding what I’m asking for yet, because I have no idea where to even begin. I guess my question is pretty vague - I’m sorry :frowning:

Since you’re talking about adding, storing, and fetching data, you’ll need database skills. The section that you have completed (congratulations!) is focused on the “front-end” (or “client side”) tools. You’ve moved on to wanting to do some server-side logic.

Thank you Ariel! Adding storing and fetching data - that’s exactly what I want. You rock :slight_smile:

I’m glad I could point you in the right direction. I love your enthusiasm! Happy coding.

1 Like