Passed when zoomed out/ failed zoomed in

my technical docs page works fine for me but media query shifts margins for navbar and maindoc. if it says passed when zoomed out can i just submit it? zoomed in it fails and suggests zooming out to see if navbar is fixed, but it always is.

codepen:
https://codepen.io/camalDan/pen/QWMpBPm

(bit of a mess trying to get media query acceptable to test…i didn’t think it needed a media query then the testing confused me)

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/94.0.4606.81 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Technical Documentation Page

Link to the challenge:

forgot to leave some code enabled.
corrected,and tidied.

The test failing when you narrow the browser window is not an issue. The failing message says
On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary.

On a side note, when the screen is narrow you my want to have the nav at the top.

1 Like

Responsive doesn’t mean it has to work on all devices just many window or screen sizes. You pass.

1 Like

thanks, guys, i’ll go ahead and submit it.
it already does work quite well on zoomed in and out so i didn’t know if i had to change something.

Blockquote On a side note, when the screen is narrow you my want to have the nav at the top.

wasn’t sure it would pass then, but i wanna move on now.