Please, i need help on how to build my tribute page..i don't understand the instructions please?

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.71 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Build a Tribute Page

Link to the challenge:

Hello there.

Do you have a question?

If so, please edit your post to include it in the Tell us what’s happening section.

Learning to describe problems is hard, but it is an important part of learning how to code.

Also, the more information you give us, the more likely we are to be able to help.

Hi @hosea076 !

We would love to be able to assist you but please describe the issue you are having with getting started.

Do you have questions about codepen?
Do you have questions about the user stories?

Something else?

I have problems on how to start my project …I don’t understand the instructions given to me…so I don’t know even where to start

Your task is to build a tribute page on someone or something.

You will need to pick a subject.
You can choose a celebrity, a pet, yourself, a cartoon character, etc.

Once you pick a subject, your page needs to have the following things.

• a title
  • a picture of the subject
  • a link to learn more about the subject
  • and some information about the subject

The first step is to create a codepen account.
It is free to create and that is where you will build out your project and submit it to freeCodeCamp.
Here is the link Codepen
Once you create a free account, log in and create a new pen.
If you new extra help with that, then read through this step by step guide

Once you get setup with codepen, and have a new pen opened add this script tag in your html.

<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

The result should look like this

Remember to save your work often.
That yellow box is the test suite.
You will use that to make sure all of the tests are passing.

You will need to select the tribute page project by clicking the dropdown like this
Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.58.40 PM

Then choose the tribute page project
Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 10.59.35 PM

If you hit the run tests button, you should see that you are only passing one test right now

The user stories mentioned on this page are the ones you need to pass.

There is a total of nine user stories.

Start with the very first user story and slowly work your way down from there.

Here is the first one:
User Story #1: My tribute page should have an element with a corresponding id="main" , which contains all other elements.

They want you to create an html element with an id of main.
If you are stuck, then you can google that user story message and there will be tons of results like this one to help you out.

Learning to research and google is an important part of learning how to code.
Also, you can ask the forum on questions concerning the user stories and we can assist you.

Once you do that first user story, run the test suite again to make sure the test passes

If the test doesn’t pass, open up the test suite and read the full error message
You will need to click on the red test button to open up the test suite and read the error message

Slowly go through each user story and research or google along the way.
If you need extra help, come to the forum and ask questions about what you are stuck with concerning the user story.

Once you pass all of the user stories, and you get a green 10/10 then you can style your page

Remember that the goal is not to remake the sample.
You want to come up with your own content and code.

When you are finished with the project, submit the url to freeCodeCamp
You can find the url at the top of the page

And you will submit it to the project page

Hope all of that made sense!

3 Likes

thank you!so much i have understand now

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.