Please store answers given in session

Hi,

when i complete a challenge, go to the next page and then hit browser back my answer is gone.
Can you please make sure the answers are saved in the browser session so i can refer back to it without checking the hints?

thanks!

If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then your local storage has been cleared or something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning.

I’m having what I think is the same issue. It’s not that the browser isn’t saving your partial work between sessions; it’s that it’s clearing your solution out once you have completed a challenge. To repro:

1. Go to a lesson (I did “Comment Your JavaScript Code”) and enter some code.
  2. Leave that page (e.g. navigate away or close your browser or whatever) and come back to it, and note that your code is still there; so far so good.
  3. Finish the lesson and hit “run the tests”. In the success window, hit the “submit and go to next challenge” button.
  4. Go back to the lesson and note that all of your code is gone.

In other words, it’s saving your partial work just fine, but it clears out your completed work.

This issue is discussed on GitHub here:

It’s not considered a high priority fix, but pull requests from the community are welcome.

Anyway, thought I would post here to clarify, as @ilenia’s answer doesn’t quite get at the issue.

BTW, a workaround is to hit the “download my solution” button before hitting “submit and go to next challenge”.