Pls help with first attempt at trubute page

I am sorry if I am missing the obvious. I am done with the responsive web design (Step 1 in my new journey of learning coding as a total newbie) and now starting projects. Projet 1: Tribute page.

I do not understand how codepen works. I mean, I see it and it seems self-explanatory as to what happens, but not HOW it happens. I dont see my I know it tells you that they do that “for you” but then I am confused as it seems I a not seeing all the code, or is there NO <!DOCTYPE…> because of the program? Or am I understanding something wrong here? Thanks, I am a noob…

If there is an article or something I am missing, please let me know. Probably, as I go, I will understand just by working but I am supposed to create a page, and at first I was going to publish it on my own domain, but then it says “use CodePen.io” so I will use that. But can I also use another source or is passing the test onlx possible with the .io app? Thanks

Hello there.

Some things to note when using CodePen:

1. CodePen does not expect any content outside the body tags.
  2. All meta, link, and script information must be put in the :gear: settings section of the HTML editor.
  3. You do not need to/cannot link the CSS in your HTML, if you place the CSS in the appropriate section.
  4. If your project uses React, use the Babel preprocessor, and link the CDN in the appropriate :gear: section.
  5. The editors offer the ability to format and analyze your code, providing useful information about forgotten closing tags etc.

If you are still confused with how to use CodePen, please read the official documentation.

Hope this helps