Portfolio Project Question(s)

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on my portfolio project for the Responsive Web Design lessons/classes and I have a question about the links to our personal projects.

The directions simply say this: User Story #5: The projects section should contain at least one link to a project.

What I’d like to know is is this asking me to make my project/art into a link, or is it asking me to put a link that will lead to my project/art somewhere else (for example, I have a Deviantart account that has some of my art on it and I can can link to the Deviantart account.

I also have a question regarding this instruction: User Story #8: My portfolio should have a link with an id of profile-link , which opens my GitHub or FCC profile in a new tab. My GitHub account is currently blank because I still have yet to put anything on it- will I be penalized for that if I link to it?

Thanks in advance.

You’ve created four projects prior to the portfolio project. The user story is asking you to provide a link to at least one of them.
For this project most have been providing a link to all four.
If your submitted projects are on codepen, Codepen creates large and small screenshots of your pens that can be used in your portfolio. Their official documentation explains how to access them.

You won’t be penalized. If your GitHub account is blank then, as the user story says, you can link to your FCC profile.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.