Portfolio-Webpage-Feedback

Hi,
I have never asked for project feedback, but on this one I spent a quite while. I would love to hear your opinions, corrections of my mistakes and in general what you think and would be best to upgrate in my Portfolio Webpage.
Here is a link to my project: https://codepen.io/patri22k/pen/mdqOJEz?editors=1100.
I would love to hear everyone feedback. Even if you like colors I have used… :d

Your page looks good @Patri22k. Some things to revisit;

• The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    Your page passes 11/12 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask specific questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upxper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (be wary of duplications, they can make maintenance a nightmare)
    (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    There’s a horizontal scrollbar on large and small screens

A nit but the yellow background not fully being behind the p text looks like an error.

If it’s any help, Codepen creates large and small screenshots of your pens that can be used in your portfolio. Their official documentation explains how to access them.

I took a quick look at your other projects. There are some that are not responsive so you may want to look into that.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.