Random Quote Machine VSCode upload

Hi! I did my project in VSCode with different folders and I would like to upload it. Can I do that or do I have to put it in CodePen? Thanks!

You can create a repository on Github for your project and upload your files there. I’ve had trouble getting FCC to read Github directly, so I imported the repository into Glitch and used that URL for the tests.

1 Like

You need to have a live version of your project online. CodePen is one of the easiest ways to do that, but there are other options.

1 Like

@nhcarrigan thank you very much for your answer!

I tried doing that and it didn’t work. I couldn’t see my page in Glitch after importing it from GitHub. Do you know any other page I can use?

@ArielLeslie I tried to replicate my code in CodePen but I couldn’t make it work…

Hello again!

Once you’ve imported the GitHub repo into Glitch, you should see a screen that looks like this. If you click Show, you should have the option to see your page in a new tab, or in a window pane.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick answer.

When I do that it’s forever “starting”, and I can never see it. Maybe it’s a problem with my browser? I’ll send you the link:

Edit: Now it says:

"failed to start application on stitch-half-diagram.glitch.me

This is most likely because your project has a code error.
Check your project logs, fix the error and try again. "

But the same code works perfectly fine in VSCode.

I would check the project logs - I’m not able to view them as it’s not my project. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I checked the project logs and this is what I got:

ℹ 「wds」: webpack output is served from 
ℹ 「wds」: Content not from webpack is served from /app/public
ℹ 「wds」: 404s will fallback to /
Starting the development server...

And the development server never starts. Do you know why that might be?

I’m not entirely sure, but I’m guessing it’s similar to this issue?

1 Like

I think it was. I raised my hand on Glitch and someone fixed it, I have no idea how. Thank you very much for your help!