Requesting Feedback

Hello,

I sort of made this by accident. I was just testing the express CLI, but I started really liking the project. Unfortunately, I used vanilla CSS, I wish I started with a framework from the beginning – but I don’t think it turned out that bad; I’m still working on it.

Anyway, here it is:
http://mettastoic.com

Any tips for improvements? Anything is much appreciated. (I plan on updating the certificate soon, unfortunately Heroku doesn’t allow Let’s Encrypt on the free-tier service.)

Additional question: I’ve been battling with SEO. Sometimes, when I search “metta stoic”, it appears on Google, came really close to the top once, then it disappears. I’m wondering if this is due to using Heroku free-tier for now, and my site is “sleeping”, so maybe it’s not able to be indexed all the time? (This isn’t really important, just a curiosity.)

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

The nav-bar color when hovered is blue which kind of mixing with background,which I feel,so better change the color of nav-bar elements in its initial state.

Looks pretty good.

I would set a max-width on .main-section

.main-section {
  max-width: 1200px;
  margin: 0 auto;
}

I would up the body font size to 16px

I would move the media query up to 680px

As for the SEO, I don’t really know but you can use Monitoring addons which pings the site. I would keep it low don’t abuse it (also your free dyno hours will run out), maybe just a few times a day. I don’t think it is against the TOS if you keep it sane.

Hm, is it hard to see after the hovering? I didn’t think it was, but it could be something I have to change.

Thanks, I took heed of your suggestions. I definitely need some different media queries, I’ll be adding that too. I’ll look into the SEO addon, it looks cool. I don’t know if it’s too important right now, may have to update to paid dynos soon.

Appreciate both of your replies.