Responsive web design learning to build a cat photo app step 63

all i have is

<a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org"> freeCodeCamp.org </a>

and it gives me the hint of
After nesting the anchor ( a ) element, the only p element content visible in the browser should be No Copyright - freeCodeCamp.org . Double check the text, spacing, or punctuation of both the p and nested anchor element.

but i dont under stand where to place the no copyright part and im guessing what i have so far isnt right either

thanks for help

2 Likes

You’re saying that

The lesson states that you need to have it nested inside a <p> tag. (Nested as in, between an opening and closing <p> tag)

1 Like

it is i just didnt copy and paste the p tags since they were already there from the lesson before

1 Like

So are the <p> tags surrounding the <a> tags?

1 Like

Thats correct the p tags are surrounding the anchor tags

Sorry for the late reply. Can I see the full code for the <p> tag? That would really help.

No Copyright - should appear as text outside the link, so write it just before your anchor element.

not a problem thanks for responding. here is everything from form down

No Copyright - freecodecamp.org freeCodeCamp.org

i tried that and other places too

i tried writing it all in but all that is displaying is the no copyright and the link. the

is right before the and the

is right after the so

May you please copy and paste your full code for the <p> tag, because then I can help you where you are having trouble.

I tried to copy and paste everything but for some reason on here what i type only shows up as one link saying freecodecamp.org and then i tried to do it differently and said new users can only post 2 links. Ill try and take a picture now and see if i can post it

<p>
<a> href=“freecodecamp.org”> freecodecamp.org
</a> no copyright 
</p>

For some reason when i post this it blocks out the p elements and the closing a element

I’ve noticed that your code

Does not meet that criteria. Try reading the instructions for the challenge and see what it asks for. You will need to nest an <a> tag inside of a <p> tag.

i nested an a tag inside the p tags along with the href

hey I’m having the same exact issue as you, I nested the anchor inside of the

& I’m still getting the error of …
“After nesting the anchor ( a ) element, the only p element content visible in the browser should be No Copyright - freeCodeCamp.org . Double check the text, spacing, or punctuation of both the p and nested anchor element.”

here’s my code <p>No Copyright - <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org"> freeCodeCamp.org</a></p>

Do you seem to have a double space? - <a> freeCodeCamp.org

1 Like

not that I can see, the way it formatted on the page looks like it, but I just checked & it has single spaces throughout

Odd, well heres my soluton:
No Copyright - freeCodeCamp.org
|
No Copyright - <a href="https://www.freecodecamp.org">freeCodeCamp.org</a>
Tho idk if adding <p> tags would mess up anything:

Edit: Yep!

Hint

After nesting the anchor ( a ) element, the only p element content visible in the browser should be No Copyright - freeCodeCamp.org . Double check the text, spacing, or punctuation of both the p and nested anchor element.

This feels like bad practice but there should never be plain text thats never in a element.

1 Like

yeah that worked, thanks. No need for the (p) elements at all