Scientific Computing with Python Projects - Arithmetic Formatter

Please help. I am working on Arithmetic Formatter . When I run my code inside Replit I keep getting the following error message SyntaxError: "return" outside function

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/121.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge Information:

Scientific Computing with Python Projects - Arithmetic Formatter

Please help. I am running my Arithmetic Formatter code in Replit and I get Failed 10 items. However when I run the same code in VS Code I get the desired output. What can I do to get my code to return the desired output in Replit?

This is the link to my code https://replit.com/@zackwebdev99/boilerplate-arithmetic-formatter

Did you read the error messages?

It failed 10 tests. Read the output of the first test, and try to fix it.

What is the output from the first test?

A few tips:

You shouldn’t really be change main.py at all.

You should be doing all of your coding in arithmetic_arranger.py

The first line from test_module.py is:
from arithmetic_arranger import arithmetic_arranger

And your arithmetic_arranger.py is blank, so all the tests will fail.

@pkdvalis thank you very much for your suggestion. At this point I am rather confused. How can I reset the challenge so that I can restart the whole process all over again? I believe I have maybe deleted some line of code. Am I right to think that what I should be doing is writing my code inside the arithmetic_arranger.py file?

That’s correct.

If you want to start over follow the link from the instructions again and import a new boilerplate in Replit.