SecondLine should be preceded by the backslash character \ hi i'm stuck with challenge

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

Your code so far

var myStr; // Change this line
var myStr="FirstLine
\t\SecondLine
ThirdLine";

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.107 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Escape Sequences in Strings

Link to the challenge:

What?

Hi @cyemz09 !

Welcome to the forum!

Being able to describe your issue is an important skill to have as a developer and will come in handy when you start working on harder problems :grinning:

It looks like you added some extra spaces in your string.
Make sure your string does not contain any extra spaces.

When I remove the extra spaces, your code looks like this.

var myStr="FirstLine\t\SecondLineThirdLine";

Now it is easier to see where your issues are.

Take a look at what you have in the console right now

The first issue are the missing new lines.
You need to add the code for the new line so you can achieve this result.
Screen Shot 2021-08-05 at 4.09.10 PM

Refer to the chart on how to write code for a new line.

Once you fix that issue, you will need to write the code for the backlash that is supposed to be in front of the SecondLine.

Once you fix those issues then the test will pass.

Hope that helps!

Welcome to the community cyemz09 I know this wont solve your problem, but im trying to help you without giving you the full answer.
Hi, it may seem confusing because its alot in one line, You should also declare your second variable as myStr without the var before it. thats all and you just need to use these keywords in your code to solve your problem: \n, \t , \, \n. if you dont know what they mean go back to the other lesson and youl know.

Awesome, i see you everwhere helping people. If you dont mind, how much do i really need to know to become a front-end web developer?

Hi @TheDEVELOPER !

I would be happy to chat with you over private message since we don’t want to get off topic in this post. :grinning:

hello,

i have the same problem has @cyemz09 . The problem is that it dosent read my var’s when its between quotes.

Roemer,