Something Went Wrong?

If you’re using the beta and getting a ‘something went wrong’ error, can you use this thread to post any information you might be able to contribute to a debugging effort? Screenshots and copy-paste from the console as appropriate and also say what you are and are not able to do on the site.

There are two bug reports filed about this: here and here

I think there are at least two separate issues (though possible of a common origin)

Without logging in, I can get to any of the challenges. When I start entering code, I start getting the ‘something went wrong error’ and my console shows eg;

bundle-774ba9c1e3576495f448.js:41 SyntaxError: unknown: Unexpected token (2:4)
  1 | // write your code here
> 2 | let

Which seems to be the parser running before it’s supposed to and finding errors in my incomplete code. If I keep typing until I have valid javascript, the errors stop and I can submit and move on to the next challenge.

The other problem, which I only seem to be able to trigger intermittently, is an ‘XMLHttpRequest’ error that gives the same ‘something went wrong’ - this is possibly related to what I can see, which is

“Blocked script execution in ‘https://beta.freecodecamp.org/en/challenges/react/render-html-elements-to-the-dom’ because the document’s frame is sandboxed and the ‘allow-scripts’ permission is not set.”

I seem to get this on every challenge after submitting the first one and then it seems the tests don’t run right and possibly the above-mentioned parser errors stop because the parser isn’t working (?). Possibly if you’re logged in then everything grinds to a halt at this point?

I have the development server set up on my machine and I seem to be able to trigger the first but not the second error. Hopefully somebody who knows what’s going on will be able to fix it, but I’m going to try and use it to figure out a bit more about how fcc works as a whole.

Any other information or guesses as to what might be happening welcome!

i did the React on beta and constantly got the something went wrong as i typed in the code … image shows three but it could show more and was frustrating as sometimes covered over while i was typing. It wasnt just now and again but for all the lessons lol

Don’t know if this has been resolved or not, but I noticed that I can get past the “Something went wrong” message by commenting out the use strict; command that appears on some challenges.