Starting my tribute page from scratch

I’m trying to start anew, all the learning started giving my brain an error message :smile: I’d like some feedback please.

A Pen by scott (codepen.io)

Hi @srandall!

A few things.

• Keep the test script in the page for submission. <script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>

• You are passing 7/10 tests. Open the test suite to see the failing tests.

• You have a few errors in your html. Run your code through the html analyzer.

• I am having a hard time clicking on the link. I would look the html and see how to fix that.

• The text is a little hard to read for me with the background image. Maybe experiment with a different image or add a linear gradient over the image. https://css-tricks.com/design-considerations-text-images/

Hope that helps!

Yes it does!! Thank you. I’m not really understanding ‘Keep the test script in the page for submission’. I apologize for the newbie question

I think means you copy the link she provided and paste it just before your closing body tag.

1 Like

I really apologize for all these newbie questions, but, I cant figure out how to run the tests

You can copy the code that was provided and add it to the top of your html page.
You should see 3 green lines on your page select the test you want to check from the dropdown and run the test

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks for all your help guy’s. Here’s redo #2, thanks to you all!!

A Pen by scott (codepen.io)

Apologies for the delayed response. Your page looks good @srandall. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.