Feedback wanted on Tribute Page

Hi,
I just finished the Tribute page today. Looking for feedback just in case I missed anything.

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @xandcoder. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>)
    • The test script, with all tests passing, should be included when you submit your projects.
    • Your page passes 9/10 user stories. Click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
    • Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding/syntax errors you should be aware of and address.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • “wikipedia” and “trip advisor” are not accessible
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

It’s great visually, love it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Roma ,

I corrected all of the issues you mentioned. Thanks so much. It’s hard to learn when “flying solo”. If I missed anything please let me know. :smiley:

That’s a lovely Tribute page!
The pictures are so catchy they make one want to read more but the fonts you chose don’t live up to the hype.
Play around with fonts and find the good catchy balance if you can.

1 Like

Good job cleaning up your HTML and good job with the links.

Remember to keep the test script. It should be included, with all tests passing, when you submit your projects.
I’m reminding again because now 8/10 user stories pass. I think mainly because the stylesheet cannot be found. Either a typo with the name or you didn’t check it in.

1 Like

Thanks @Roma. I have the same page in codepen. I added the same Javascript file that the sample page has. It seems to be working. I’m going to check Github now.

Thanks @Khalfish. The images are my paintings. I lack the “graphic design chops” to choose fancy fonts… so I played it safe. I will try some different ones as soon as I fix the errors @Roma mentioned.

I can’t tell you how greatful I am for everyones help :slight_smile:

The test script is JS and relies on the HTML code being loaded so that it can be run. It therefore needs to be placed before the closing body tag. If it’s in the head element it will not run correctly because there is not HTML loaded yet.

Codepen is somewhat forgiving which is why you see the test suite there. When using codepen the only code that belongs in the HTML editor is the code that would go between the <body> </body> tags.
For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the cog icon in the upper left of the HTML editor and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

I didn’t notice earlier when looking at the page on GitHub that the test suite was in the head element or I would have mentioned it.

1 Like

Hi @Roma! Thanks so much for your help. I moved it to the body like you said and it’s working now.

Moving on to the survey page challenge…unless I missed anything. Thanks again!

1 Like

Glad to help @xandcoder.

The test script is working but just to be safe, put it right before the closing body tag (</body>).

Look forward to seeing your next project.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.