Step 61: CatPhotoApp

The question is: In order to make a checkbox checked or radio button selected by default, you need to add the checked attribute to it. There’s no need to set a value to the checked attribute. Instead, just add the word checked to the input element, making sure there is space between it and other attributes.

Make the first radio button and the first checkbox selected by default.

This is what I did:
<input id="loving" type="checkbox" name="personality" value="loving" checked> <label for="loving">Loving</label>

According to the system, something is wrong, and it is giving me a hint as:
The first radio button is missing the checked attribute.

I’ve edited your code for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

You can also use the “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) to add backticks around text.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard.
Note: Backticks (`) are not single quotes (').

hello and welcome to fcc forum :slight_smile:

here it mentions “two elements - checkbox and radio button” but you shared snippet for “checkbox” only

you might want to look into that, also always share “step url” along with your question or queries, it’s much more helpful for others to offer help, happy learning :slight_smile:

Hi, it is step #61 for CatPhotoApp

i meant url of this “step” :slight_smile:

did you solve this as of yet?

Yes, I am having the same issue now. Has anyone resolved it yet? It is actually aggrivating getting this far only to get stuck and waste time finding out there is nothing wrong on our end.

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, and you’ve tried to solve it at least 3 times so far and still need some help, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge (it looks like a question mark).
This button will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.