This project will be part of our new Quality Assurance and Information Security section. It was designed by @JosephLivengood.
The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.
If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.
Thanks, and happy coding!
- Set the content security policies to only allow loading of scripts and css from your server.
- I can GET /api/stock-prices with form data containing a Nasdaq stock ticker and recieve back an object stockData.
- In stockData, I can see the stock(string, the ticker), price(decimal in string format), and likes(int).
- I can also pass along field like as true(boolean) to have my like added to the stock(s). Only 1 like per ip should be accepted.
- If I pass along 2 stocks, the return object will be an array with both stock’s info. Instead of likes, it will display rel_likes(the difference between the likes on both stocks) on both.
- A good way to receive current price is the following external API(replacing ‘GOOG’ with your stock): https://finance.google.com/finance/info?q=NASDAQ%3AGOOG
- All 5 functional tests are complete and passing.
/api/stock-prices?stock=goog /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&like=true /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&stock=msft /api/stock-prices?stock=goog&stock=msft&like=true
This is a smaller project but is very good experience as it involves 2-4 async processes per call making the camper use promises/callbacks before responding!