Struggling to create a Personal Portfolio Website | Please Guide Me

Hi,

I am struggling to create a personal portfolio website, I am very much new to coding some how I managed to create a tribute page.

I don’t know where exactly to start.

I am so much confused whether I should start building with bootstrap or only HTML and CSS.

I am somehow feeling guilty to whether copy it from others, really don’t know.

Please someone help me.

Thank you

Hi, I just recently finished mines www.devdotlog.com, I started by choosing a portfolio from a developer I liked, however the end product ended up being completely different. Choosing a page to copy gets you over the initial " Where do I start?"

As you code along the way, these are two resources I used:

Thanks for taking time and replying. The problem I am facing is I have created a navigation bar and after that don’t know what to do.

I would follow with a center piece, something like a jumbotron
http://getbootstrap.com/examples/jumbotron/

Hello, world!

This is a template for a simple marketing or informational website. It includes a large callout called a jumbotron and three supporting pieces of content. Use it as a starting point to create something more unique.

Learn more »

Here is how I customized a jumbotron with a background image

if you need any help or are still stuck, shoot me an email gregborrelly@linux.com

Thanks for your time BacksSlash092. I was busy this week with my office schedule. Surely I’ll shoot you an email if I am struck, going to start the project this weekend.

Thank you.

for now just borrow/ emulate something you like. It’s not supposed to be a finished portfolio, it’s a page that gets you started and as you go on, you can add to it, but the more you learn the more likely you’ll say, “this was good before, but now I think it’s crap so I’m going to update it”. Don’t stress over it, keep it fun