Struggling to remember the challenges after ive completed them

Im currently going through the CSS challenges and im forgetting the previous challenges after ive completed them is this normal? what can i do to memorize this stuff?

This is pretty normal, especially if you are going through the challenges really fast. I know it can be exciting to learn something new but by rushing through the challenges it gets easy to forget what you learnt. What i would suggest is to take your time and play around with what you learned on a blank web page before moving on to the next challenge

Full-time developer here.

I forget some of the simplest things all the time. I would focus on how to read code in your head. Syntax can always be researched in seconds.

It’s only by repetition will you get better. Avoid copy / paste code at all costs, and turn off autocomplete (suggestion) when working in an editor has helped me a ton.

Well i can build static websites but i still fumble through building them. so maybe im going through the html and css section super fast because i already pretty much know most of it. There are just some different things when going through css that feel like its something new but i forget them after i move on to the next challenge.

Well i can build static websites but i still fumble through building them. so maybe im going through the html and css section super fast because i already pretty much know most of it. There are just some different things when going through css that feel like its something new but i forget them after i move on to the next challenge.

On many of the challenges I have been using the “Download My Solution” option once the challenge is complete. The .json file that is created is titled similar to the challenge so if you happen to forget how to do something you can just keep them in a directory that you can reference later.

Also, if you haven’t checked it out already try something like codepen.io. This site will allow you to create HTML/CSS files right in the browser and you will have a live view of how the code you are writing changes what is in the browser. This may help to solidify things for you.

Working as a developer you would still need to search through documentation various times per day on the best days

It is normal if you don’t remember syntax, remember what you can do, and then become really good at searching the documentation!

1 Like