Suggestions on Styling

Hello there… again! I’ve completed the second project in the Responsive Web Design Certification ( https://codepen.io/myrlockx/full/oNYjMVv ) and as you can see my design it’s pretty basic and plain. It would be very helpfull to get some suggestions regarding topics I can research to improve my skills in that aspect.
Also unrelated but constructive criticism is always welcome! Thanks in advance :grin:

Your form looks good @Myrlock. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Two things here. First </br>is not a valid HTML element. Second, don’t use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.

For a styling suggestion, I’m pretty sure you can see it’s hard to associating the radio buttons / checkboxes with their respective labels. Also, if you’ve ever filled out a form you may have noticed the labels are to the right of the radio buttons / checkboxes.

Maybe review this lesson to see how you can group. (By the way this works for more than just the radio buttons)

Change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button.

• User’s should be able to click on the label to toggle a selection, not just the radio button / checkbox
    • This isn’t working for your first checkbox. Review it and you’ll see the typo that’s causing the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.