Survey form. Feedback

Hello there again. :slight_smile:

Here is my second project : https://codepen.io/paulauskas-linas/pen/GRWzdVP

If anyone would be so kind to review, I would be very grateful :slight_smile:

Thanks

Edit. Reviewed survey form

Your form looks good @paulauskas-linas. Some things to revisit;
Make the project from scratch, with your own code, style and content. Don’t take code from the sample project.

• Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (be wary of duplicating property: value: pairs. It can make maintenance a nightmare)
  • Make your page responsive. Remember, the R in RWD stands for Responsive
    • There’s a horizontal scrollbar on smaller screens (elements fall out of the container)

Your project looks good.

• You can choose a brighter colour for the survey question texts on the form proper (I don’t mean the title). The current colour is too dull against the form background and someone with some eye defect might have a hard time reading the text.

• The project doesn’t look responsive enough on mobile—it spreads beyond the width. Review your media queries. You can use max-width for the breakpoints instead of min-width—there may be no use for more than one media query if you do this.

• I don’t think it’s proper using absolute values (i.e. px) for the max-width of the .container class inside the media queries. You can use percentages instead (100% or something close to it).

I’m only a beginner myself. I hope some of the experts would come through with their own feedbacks soon and, perhaps, even correct some things I might not have got right.

Thank you for your response. I am sorry that it looks like that I took the code. I really liked the order, readability of that code. I believe that you can learn all the tags and properties over time using them over and over again, but good quality/readable/maintainable code must be learned consciously. If it makes any difference, I did not copy/paste, but rewrote liked parts and read the docs about those tags and properties. It’s just my learning method. I’ll try to be more original.

Back to issues.

• I have used the validator and I have fixed the issues.
  • Can you please tell me which elements fall out of the container? I can’t replicate the problem. While fixing what nzubeifechukwu suggested, maybe I have fixed that issue?

I have edited the main post to include the reviewed survey form.

Thank you for your time! I reviewed and fixed some code according to your suggestions.

• I chose to darken the text more.
    *I reviewed the media queries. I believe it should be okay now.
    *I agree wholeheartedly. Change units to vw.

I have edited the post to include the edited survey form. Thanks again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.