here is my Survey Form project. Please let me know what you think.
I like it. A couple things I’m curious about are:
- Should the check marks for Old Serial Number and New Serial Number be there without any inputted text?
- Should your Additional Comments section be using a placeholder instead pre-filled text?
You chose some great colors!
Your shadow for the form is a bit too heavy.
You don’t need to say that the inputs with the asterics are required. The red border is fine.
You can keep the text there if you want.
Hi @Ronan-42, your form looks good. A few things you may want to revisit;
- codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
- in CSS you have a typo that could affect the way your form displays
- in HTML you have a couple of places where you use an
idmore than once.
id's can only be used once.
- make your form responsive. It doesn’t scale well on smaller screens
- change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the Submit button
I had an initial value of “1” for the serial numbers. I changed this to “” and now the field is invalid. This will work better because now something has to be entered.
I changed additional text to a placeholder.
Thanks for the feedback, the form performs better.
I’ve modified the shadow - looks much better.
I deleted the asterixs and comment at the top. It was a bit of an overkill.
Great suggestions. Thanks
Didn’t know about the validators, great tool, fixed the errors and changed the pointer on the submit button. Will look at making it responsive when I have finished the next challenge as I am going to start this one being responsive. So I can learn how to do it rather than hack this one.
You’re totally welcome.
Keep up the great coding!