Technical Documentation Page - can't pass all the tests

Hey. My Technical Documentation page is live and running but for some reason it can’t pass tests N3, N12 and N13. I double-checked the names - all seems correct. The page fullfills the user-stories as well. Maybe I’ve missed something? Or it’s some kind of a bug? Could you pls take a quick look and point out my mistake(s) if there are any? General feedback and tips are very much appreciated as well.

For test 4:

Each <section> element with the class of “main-section” should also have an id that corresponds with the text of each <header> contained within it. Any spaces should be replaced with underscores (e.g. The <section> that contains the header “Javascript and Java” should have a corresponding id=“Javascript_and_Java”).

You have two immediate problems:

<section class="main-section " id="Variables">
      <header>
        <h2><a id="Variables"></a> Variables</h2>
  1. no closing <\header> tag. (In other sections, you have closing header tags at random positions)
  2. You have a link (a tag) with an id that is the same as the id for the ancestor section. Ids must be unique on the page, and can’t contain spaces. This problem repeats in EVERY section.

I think point 2 may influence the failure of tests 12 & 13, which rely on <header>s. So, fix what I said, and see what happens.

1 Like

That helped, thanks!

1 Like