It is not mobile friendly at all but I wanted to share my personal take on the meaning of life and I believe that all of us can be anything we want to be so long as we try. “Lady luck favors the one who tries.” I think each discipline is connected to each other even if it doesn’t seem like. You can’t be a mathematician if you aren’t a poet. And you can’t be a scientist if you can’t tell a story. (Physics the story of motion for example and biology the story of life). (This is all my opinion though)
Another way to look at it is history explains connections and change over time which shows human behavior which can be explained by psychology (group polarization for one..) which can be explained by neurochemistry and so on it goes on!
I hope to reform the education system one day. I want teachers to stop separating things and start CONNECTING.
I THINK All human disciplines and subjects are deeply connected. Math requires poetry, science requires storytelling, and history connects to psychology, neurochemistry, and beyond. many way to tell that but i prefer to say this.
I made it with old fashion CSS and HTML. CSS is magic! I will have to make an animated version soon if I want to go around teaching this/presenting this idea. I wish to do a Ted Talk / Tedx talk on this.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! Tbh it’s gonna be hard because credibility is everything and they only like influencers and models these days for that sort of stuff LOL but I will try
I really like the idea of connecting different disciplines instead of treating each subject as completely separate. The way you linked history, psychology, neurochemistry, science, and storytelling makes the concept easy to understand. Education could be much more engaging if students were encouraged to see how different subjects influence and explain each other. I also agree that curiosity and the willingness to keep trying can take you a long way. The idea of teaching connections rather than isolated topics is definitely worth exploring.
I agree that many things in life are beautifully and intricately connected and many of them complement each other as you suggested above, but how do you equate that to the meaning of life? that is simply a correlation? It is a interesting topic so please do elaborate further.
Well I think we can all innovate together better and work towards a better future if we start connecting and teaching kids in this way? Probably not actually a meaning of life lol but more so a new education philosophy
Yes educational philosophy sounds better or as @ Teller mentioned “The meaning of meaning and connection” I take it as we should all be more appreciative of life in general and teach our future kids to have respect for all things as its all connected in a weird kinda way.
You seem really passionate about education, that’s really cool! Do you plan on adding some real life examples of it? The wikipedia page of Interdisciplinarity is pretty long and has a few examples of it being applied, it’s a good read on the subject.
Yes unfortunately my idea is not exactly original since Leonardo Da Vinci and John Dewey advocated for this . But my idea is specifically through the literary concept of intertexuality which is different.
Oh I see it now on a reread, it seems like that idea can make people see things in another light and get past thoughts of “I’m never gonna learn this”, going beyond this sort of mental blockade is huge for learning
YES exactly. I really think I can help make any subject appeal to anyone.
I am already thinking of a way to make physics more appealing to kids. It includes watching The Mario Movie and the Saw horror series (don’t ask me how ;p) . But I will change everything.