Thumbnail for portfolio

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting here so I hope I’m writing in the right section. :upside_down_face:

I’m trying to perfect my portfolio of projects and would like to create a nice thumbnail for each project that is listed in the page.

I would like to create something like this: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/images/tribute.jpg

Can anybody help me understand how to do it? I understand that for an image to have a url it has to be uploaded somewhere online, right? So how do I create a cdn url for my thumbnails and where should I upload them?

Thanks and sorry if my questions are dumb, I’m pretty new to this world.

Hi @manusing !

Welcome to the forum!

If you are using codepen, then you can follow the instructions in this blog on how to create screenshots from your previous projects.

Hello!

When I first saw the cdn.freeCodeCamp… link I had the same thought. However instead of asking out for help I decided to go with a temporary solution of my own.

So you would be the last person to call yourself dumb for asking such important question! Infact I would also like some advice here.

Btw my temporary solution for images when I was making portfolio project is:

To host free GitHub pages and uploading your (PUBLICLY ACCESSIBLE) images.

( this solution is temporary because anything you upload here will be public with no privacy).

Also please take this as a temp solution for now!

Hello!

I would like your advice here. I am using GitHub for uploading images. Should I continue using GitHub pages for images because I can edit those images this way?

For me personally, I have never used github pages solely for hosting images.
But if it works for you :grinning:

You could also look into other free hosting options.
https://www.guru99.com/free-photo-hosting.html

Another option is to add an images folder for your html, css and javascript project and then deploy the whole project from there.

1 Like

Thank you very much for the advice!

I will try other hosting platform option when I do more projects.

What I can think here is that the “best” way would be to explore all options.

After realising when you suggested to upload them in the HTML,CSS,JS project and then deploy it. I overcomplicated things by using GitHub :sweat_smile:

It works, thank you very much :))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.