Time Calculator - errors in the test module?

Hi,
I’ve constructed the ‘Time Calculator’ in Python, and as far as I can see, my code is doing its job. However, when I click ‘run’ to check whether the code passes the tests, it fails 2 out of the 12 tests, and I get the following two weird error messages:

"Expected calling “add_time()” with “11:59 PM”, “24:05” to return “12:04 AM (2 days later)”

AND

Expected calling “add_time()” with “2:59 AM”, “24:00”, “Friday” to return “12:04 AM, Friday (2 days later)”

Neither error message makes much sense. The code ought to return “0.04 AM (2 days later)” and “2:59 AM, Saturday (next day)”, respectively, which is precisely what my code does.

So, my question: Have you encountered the same issue? Is this some kind of bug or an error in the test module, or am I just being stupid? Also, what confuses me the most is that the figures in the second error message do not even correspond to the figures in the “test_two_days_later_with_day”-test in the test module, which, however, is the test that my code is allegedly failing.

Here’s the link to my code: https://repl.it/@PeterKoe/fcc-time-calculator#time_calculator.py

Any ideas?

you will need to provide a link to your code for people to be able to help

1 Like

Hi, @PeterKoe
Have you been able to detect the error?

Nope. I’ve decided to move on and do some of the other Python projects first, and then return to this issue later.