Tribute Page by Rahul Feedback

Codepen link

I am fairly new so any feedback would be much appreciated.

1 Like

welcome @rahulshinde235,
that would be nice page you built.

1. you might need to avoid inline styling, put them on your css.
  2. there’s missing semicolon ; at your css
  3. you might need to revisit the html-css lessons.
  4. your page isn’t responsive.

no offense, just my thought.

Your page is okay @rahulshinde235. Some things to revisit;

• When doing any of the projects don’t redo the sample page. It’s just that, a sample. Instructions say to make one that functionally similar to the sample and to give it your own personal style.

That said;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address. You can ignore the other warning too. What it’s talking about is semantic styling. But all the other errors you should correct.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C.
    • The one for CSS is good. There are typo’s you need to correct. May have to run it more than once after you correct one typo to see others.
  • Don’t use <br> to force spacing or line breaks. Use margin and/or padding in CSS.
  • The tribute info on desktop is basically one word per line. That’s a bad way to user’s to have to read.
  • Make your page responsive. On smaller screens the tribute info falls out of the container.
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links.