Tribute page (J.R.R. Tolkien) and survey form (Burnley FC)

Hey everyone. After following the Responsive Web Design curriculum on FreeCodeCamp over the last few weeks I have put together my first projects in HTML & CSS.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

I think would be a good exercise for you to style the form. make it the attraction of your page

1 Like

Thank you, I will work on that.

Nice job on your projects!

On the tribute page, the colors are really pleasant to look at and match together with the other elements really well. Great job on that.

I really like Tolkien and his books, too! :smiley: :smiley:

On the survey form, great job as well, but things need to be spaced out a little bit better.

For the form element, give it a little bit more padding and maybe align some things to center.

Don’t give your textArea elements a value of “text”.

Wrong
<textArea>Text</textArea>

Wrong
<textArea value = "Text"></textArea>

Right
<textArea placeholder = "Text"></textArea>

Great job, once again on your projects! Keep up the great work!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the useful feedback. I’ll tighten up the form for sure.

Hi @andrew_p89, welcome to the forums. Your pages look okay. Some things to revisit on your survey form;

• make it so users can click on the labels, not just the radio buttons/checkboxes
  • change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
  • and, as mentioned, use placeholder text. Don’t make users have to deleted text in order to use your input area
1 Like

Thank you. I’ll tweak the form and look over the FCC resources on the topic again.

I like the first page a lot, clean and simple. Nice job!

I think you got some good feedback on the second page from other people. One additional thing I would point out is that the text within your header (h1 id=“title”) seems a bit hard to read. Maybe change it to black or lay it out differently. Good starts though, keep it up!

• Darwin :frog:

Thanks! I have added a stroke to the h1 which I think makes it easier to read.

After making changes to the form I think I’m ready to park this for now and make a start on the product landing page. I hugely appreciate everyone’s constructive feedback with this.