Tribute Page Review :)!

Hey guys,

I am new to coding and this is my first project so go easy on me :smiley:

https://codepen.io/Throssell/pen/GawZob

Nice job! It’s well coded, and kudos for the responsive design!

What I’d work on is the layout of the page - in my own personal opinion it feels a little bit unstructured. Perhaps you could have the image at the top center underneath his name, and then have the quotes and the rest of the text come after that? You could also add a bit of margin to the text elements.

All in all, great job, and welcome to the community! :partying_face:

(Also, just out of curiosity, what is the javascript code doing? I’ve never seen that before)

1 Like

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to respond! If you want to check now I made the change based on your feedback and I am very happy with the results :smiley:

The javascript language was there when I opened the codepen up :o I havent learned javascript yet :smiley:

1 Like

Awesome, looks great! :ok_hand::ok_hand:

Haha okay, thanks for letting me know!

1 Like

It looks good @TsingTao. Some suggestions;

• codepen provides you with validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the arrow in the upper right and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link. You have some typo’s in HTML that you can clean up. In CSS you have some errors that could potentially affect your page’s layout.
  • Don’t use <br> in HTML. Use margin/padding in CSS.
  • Don’t use <br> to break up a long paragraph. Instead, just create another paragraph.
  • Why not use the <blockquote> tag for the quotes?
1 Like

Roma,

Thank you for your great feedback, when I have some time tonight I will address each of your comments to see how much of a difference it makes :slight_smile:

1 Like