Tribute Project - Would love some feedback

Here is my tribute project. One problem that I had that I could not solve was the white border around the image. I tried zeroing out the margins, making sure the img was displayed as a block element inside the div, I just couldn’t seem to get it to go away. Anyways, here is a link to my project: Tribute Page

Thank you for taking a look :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The issue that stands out the most to me right now is that your font color/background color are not accessible (there is not enough contrast).

1 Like

Hi @12goats, welcome to the freeCodeCamp forum! :wave:

I noticed that you’re seeing the white border because it is actually part of the image . If you open the image in a separate tab you’ll see that it belongs to the image file itself and not being put there due to your markup.

You could download the image crop it and then upload it somewhere else (github, google drive, one drive, etc) and link to it from there.

Looks pretty good overall. There is the contrast issue bbsmooth pointed out for the non-heading text. You may want to try adjusting line heights of your headings at smaller screen sizes. You may also want to be careful of non-original text/copy borrowed from other sources without attribution.

Thank you for the input, I have used more contrast now.

1 Like

I adjusted the line height at the smaller screen sizes and also added an attribution to Brittanica to the bottom of the page. Thank you for the great input :slight_smile:

1 Like