Two projects: survey form and product landing page

I made the survey some time ago and I’ve just finished my landing page so I want to show it to you guys.

The second project taught me something very important - to always plan every part of the project in detail BEFORE starting to code. I didn’t do it and was adding functionalities on the go and it didn’t go well. My css began to transform itself into a hot mess rapidly and I had to spend plenty of time cleaning it. I will know better next time.

So, here are my projects:

Survey form
Landing page

Any feedback is of course welcome :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Both look solid to me. I like the way you design both of them; it is clear that you put a lot of thought into your designs.

The second project taught me something very important - to always plan every part of the project in detail BEFORE starting to code. I didn’t do it and was adding functionalities on the go and it didn’t go well. My css began to transform itself into a hot mess rapidly and I had to spend plenty of time cleaning it. I will know better next time.

This is a great lesson and something all programmers will inevitably need to learn.

I find pen and paper useful as a planning tool for both the UI and architecture of the project; it’s much more free-form compared to software. Once I’ve nailed the general idea, I use specialized tools like Sketch or Figma to formalize the designs.

And if you like to read, Clean Code and Pragmatic Programmer have a lot to say on writing cleaner code.

Anyhow, keep up the good work.

1 Like

Hi,

I want to say that you done a really-really great job! I love the design very much.

How much time it took you to finish both projects?

Thanks for this informative post. Also thanks for books and software recommendations. I heard about Figma before and am definitely going to use it for my next project.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. i am glad you like my projects :slight_smile: As for the time needed for completion: I don’t remember how long it took for the survey, I would say it was about a week of working every day for a couple of hours (sometimes an hour, sometimes more). With the landing page it was 2.5 weeks but I wasn’t working every day. First day was 5 hours of work, later it was around 2 hours a day for longer sessions or around 20 minutes for some tweaking/cleaning.

I’m glad that it’s informative.

Keep up the good work :smile: