Unable to pass #3 and #4 user stories for Tech doc page

Hi everyone,

I’ve been working on the Technical Documentation page for a while now, and for some reason I don’t know why I cannot pass #3 and #4 for the user stories. I used the FCC Technical Documentation page as a template (because no matter how I did it myself, I still couldn’t pass), and Ive tried to compare and contrast my own code towards it.

Would appreciate any help! First time posting, so I’m not sure in terms of how to showcase my code on here.

Thanks.

Edit:

Here is a link to my codepen for the test:

You should provide a link to your code. When you submit your solution it has to be a live link. Paste that link here.

When a test fails, click the red button to see which test(s) are failing and text to help you correct the issue.
Be sure and read more than just the first line of the failing message. The ability to read and comprehend error messages is a skill you’ll need to acquire as a developer. Ask questions on what you don’t understand.

Hi Roma,

Do I simply just copy and paste the code or do I paste the link to the codepen?

And, Ive read the error message, and have tried to correct it using other solutions I have seen that other people have had with the same problem and I’m still failing it unfortunately.

Thanks

Paste the link to the pen

Thank you, Ive provided it in the edit.

You have some typo’s and coding/syntax errors that prevent the tests from passing successfully.
When I corrected them, all tests pass.

To see the errors run your HTML code through the W3C validator.

Edit, I provided you with an incorrect link to the validator. It’s correct now.
Also note that since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.

Hi Roma,

Thanks for your help and your fresh pair of eyes!

I’ve managed to fix some of the issues I was having ; I got rid of using code within the li and then I changed some syntax back, and managed to match what was typed in my nav-bar across the id’s the sections! Ran it all through and it all worked!

Once again thank you!

Good to hear tests pass and glad to have helped.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.