Visual Studio Code Live Server Not Working

I used to open my files in that same way you are telling. But is is not working. I think i have to contact Microsoft support team

Remove chrome, visual studio altogether… restart the computer. Install chrome again, and then VS again.

Tried but not working

1 Like

Hello there,

Someone else with this issue, recently, had the issue, because they were running an outdated version of Windows.

Are you on Windows 7? Or, have you just not updated in a while?

2 Likes

I am using windows 8.1 recently latest updates installed.

Well, I recommend you do one of the following:

1. Update to Windows 10 (if you can)
  2. Use live-server instead: https://www.npmjs.com/package/live-server

I have used live-server for years, and it has never failed.

Hope this helps

1 Like

I faced the same problem today when I copied code from code pen , make sure that your HTML code contains head and body tag

Hello my live server is not working properly , plz solve my issue anyone help me

I am right click on html file and click on start with live server but server status shows port 5500 but chrome does not open. I have reinstall the visual studio

have you tried opening http://127.0.0.1:5500/<your index file name>
or
http://127.0.0.1:5500/main.html

2 Likes

Not open my chrome browser go live
click after

Thanks @Advitya-sharma it worked.But can you tell me why it doesn’t directly open in chrome when i click on golive.

make sure your default browser for protocols is set

Hi , I was facing the same issue . By using the URL it is working but can you tell me why it is not opening directly after clicking Go live. I have also changed my default browser to chrome

try changing these settings

1 Like

Hello everyone! Please help me, when I try to run code with Live Server I get such error
“Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 127.0.0.1:80
at TCPConnectWrap.afterConnect [as oncomplete] (net.js:1134:16)”

Hi Everyone,
My editors (Atom and VSCODE) were previously working fine until yesterday the “live-server” extension on both editors stopped functioning. On VSCODE, it will generate a port, but will not show up in the browser. On Atom, the live server stopped automatically every time I launch it. I have uninstalled and reinstall both the editors and extension, but it still won’t work. At this point, I do not know what else to try. I am using windows 10 build 19041. Please, I need help in getting the fix. Thanks in anticipation.

I have faced a problem while working in vs code.I was clicked on live server but there was a popup shows port 5500. It does not work automatically. Instead of that i have to open chrome browser manually. I think it’s not comfortable for me

Have the same problem as Arksalone. LiveServer has stopped working sometime during the last month (I don’t use it on a regular basis, so I can’t tell the exact time). A hint would be really helpful.

Its works for me. Great!!!

1 Like

Hello for me it’s start working when I turn on auto save in CS code